Garlic and Herb Baby Potatoes
Newly boiled baby potatoes are tossed with butter, olive oil, grated garlic, chopped parsley, thyme and freshly cracked black pepper. Garlic and herb baby potatoes just burst with flavor.For best flavor, allow to sit at room temperature for half an hour before serving.
- 1 kilograms baby potatoes rinsed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- juice of one lemon
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Cut the baby potatoes in half.
- Cook the halved baby potatoes in boiling salted water (see notes after the recipe) just until tender to the bite. DO NOT allow them to overcook and turn mushy. They must be able to retain their shape.
- When the baby potatoes are done, drain them well then tip into a large mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients and half of the lemon juice.
- Toss well to coat each piece of potato with the herbs and seasonings. Even if the butter is cold, it will melt in the heat of the newly cooked potatoes.
- Leave the potatoes to soak in the oils, herbs and seasonings.
- After about 15 minutes, taste a piece of potato. Add more lemon juice, salt or pepper, or all of them, if needed.
- Leave to steep for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the garlic and herb baby potatoes as finger food, snack, side dish or as a delicious warm salad.